What the Guru says
I'm thinking of going solar and someone recommended the solar analytics monitor software. Is it worth it?
Well, I work for Solar Analytics, so of course I love it. But I ask you this, would you drive a car without a dashboard? Do you know what's going on, if you can't see what's going on?
That's the benefit of Solar Analytics. Of course, the other thing is Solar Analytics can save you up to $400 a year extra by making sure you are always on the perfect retail electricity plan as a solar homeowner.
The other thing that makes it really, really unique is it will tell you not just that your solar systems producing power, but it'll make sure it's producing the right amount of power.
And finally, who's got time for all this? Automation, automation, automation, Solar Analytics will take care of it in the background and let you know if anything needs fixing.
Solar Analytics – The smart software that delivers more value from your solar system.
Solar Analytics is an Australian solar monitoring software that helps homeowners and businesses observe and improve their solar system’s performance. It can not be compared with the normal monitor app on a standard inverter solution as it offers much more.
It is a valuable tool for homeowners and businesses that want to track the performance of their solar systems and optimise their energy usage. The software is easy to use and offers a variety of features to help users get the most out of their solar investment.
It uses real-time data on solar PV energy production, household consumption, weather data and historical trends. To determine if your solar system runs optimally. Overall the calculated data can be used to optimise the individual residence’s solar usage, identify potential PV unit problems, and make informed decisions about energy management.
The software and associated apps are very user-friendly and can be accessed from any device with an internet connection. Over the years, Solar Analytics added additional features and benefits to the program to help users get the most out of their solar systems.
- Plan Optimiser: An unbiased comparison tool will help you pick the best electricity plan for your solar home. Based on real energy usage and can save an extra $400 a year. Usually, the plan optimiser benefits are higher than the actual annual subscription costs. So customers win a financial benefit from this software year in and year out.
- True Performance Monitoring: SA ensures your solar is performing at 100%; if it’s not, the true performance tool will let you know. Solar Analytics provides real-time data on energy production, consumption, and costs. This information can be used to track your solar system’s performance and identify any potential problems. In case of any identified or likely problem. An alert message will be sent to you
- Energy Insights: Solar Analytics also provides historical trends on energy production, consumption, and costs. This information can be used to identify patterns in your energy usage and make informed decisions about energy management. By getting full visibility over the energy usage patterns, users will be clear about when to use their solar best.
- Savings Analysis: The inbuilt savings calculator lets users see their solar savings and expected bills week after week. The software also calculates the financial benefits of the customer’s solar investment. It estimates the amount of money saved on electricity bills, calculates the return on investment, and provides insights into the payback period for the PV system.
- Battery Calculator: With the increased popularity of batteries, a relatively new feature is the battery calculator. It lets you know when there is the right time to invest in a battery. As well as which size battery might be the right one to maximise returns.
Some general benefits of using Solar Analytics are:
- Reduce your energy bills: By tracking energy usage, customers can identify areas where they can save money. For example, one may reduce energy consumption by turning off lights and appliances when not needed or using them more during peak solar production.
- Increase self-consumption: Self-consumption is the energy a solar system produces and the household uses on-site. By increasing self-consumption, one can reduce the reliance on the grid and save money on electricity bills. For example, when solar production is strong, self-consumption is increased by turning on the pool pump and filter in the middle of the day.
- Identify potential problems: Solar Analytics can alert the system owner to problems such as lower-than-expected production. This could be because of a dirty solar panel or a faulty inverter. By watching your PV output day and night Solar Analytics helps to identify issues and allows the owner to fix problems early before they cause major financial loss or damage to the solar system.
Solar Analytics empowers solar system owners with comprehensive monitoring, analysis, and optimisation tools. By leveraging its features, users can increase the benefits of their solar power systems, find the best local energy plan at the touch of their fingertip, reduce energy costs, and make informed decisions to maximise the benefits of their solar investments.
So get more from your solar with advanced monitoring from Solar Analytics.
Should you consider purchasing solar, inverter or other renewable energy products, we recommend contacting a qualified local installer to provide extensive advice. To find the right partner try our company finder and ask our recommended experts to assist you. Using a Your Energy Answers Authorised Partner will give you an experienced and trustworthy company to serve your needs.